Question GPU dilema

Steven61171

Prominent
May 25, 2017
Hi guys need some help , I have recently been disabled so decided to build me a new gaming pc as the one I've been using was a aging and fx8350 paired with and rx480 8gb and vengeance ddr3 16gb ram and a gigabyte gaming X motherboard , and to be honest it's only just started refusing to play triple AAA titles and I play all the latest games . So what I've done is started building a nice rig started with motherboard and likes the gigabyte aorus master and like the range of aorus so bought there case as well got 32gb dominator ram at 3000mhz 32gb optane 2 X 480gb nvme Western digital in raid and 2 X Western digital black 5tb for storage and Intel CPU i9 9900k and as you can see spent a fortune so far and don't really want to spend another £1400 on a gigabyte aorus etc 2080ti extreme so was wondering what would be my best buy GPU would prefer a gigabyte aorus as going with the build but don't want to bottleneck it was thinking a gtx 1080ti extreme aorus model but can only find used bit been told to get rtx2070 so have a dilema as money is getting tight now and need a good GPU to pair with my i9.
Thanks in advance steve

Rjich

Reputable
May 12, 2019
Sorry to read about your recent disablement. I hope you are receiving the support you need.

I recognise you didn't ask about these items but- It might be worth selling the optane drive for some extra gfx £. They're meant for speeding up HDD boot drives rather than nvme.
Best practice also is that Nvme raid is not a good idea unless you mirror (perhaps you already are?). Otherwise double chance of failure for no useful day to day performance benefit.

Similar redundancy issue with striping your 5tb. Mirror is the best direction unless the idea of 5tb with no resilience is exciting!

I bought a ex demo MSI 2080ti for under £900 so you don't have to go crazy to get that extra 1% from some super extreme 4 fan oc models... A ridiculous sum of cash none the less. TomsHardware have many reviews to help advise on which gfx card to get according to your budget and resolution preferences. At 1440 the 2060/70/80 Radeon 7 look great.
Good luck finding your ideal card !!