[SOLVED] Gpu disconnected while pc was on

Xx21SvagexX

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
Yesterday my gpu was unplugged while my pc was on. Now when I try to run a game it freezes ever few seconds for like 2 seconds. It would also just turn green every few seconds when I was on my desktop. I disconnected my gpu from my pc and used my intergrated graphics and it worked fine so it was just my gpu. Idk if I can fix it, but if I can plllss help. Never had a problem with it till after this accident.

Specs:

Gpu: AMD RTX470 ASUS 4gb
CPU: I5-3470 3.20GHz
Ram: 8gb DDR3

Solution
It's hard to say if the gfx card is damaged or not. Let's hope not. Remove it and check to see if there are any burnt spots on the card's edge connector. Likewise in the slot.

If everything looks good, put it back in and boot up. Run DDU from safe mode to uninstall the driver. Reboot and install the latest driver.
Run CCleaner and do the clean and registry parts both.
And what do you mean you didn't know you could screw the card down to the case? You had to have taken out the case's screws to mount the card.

Xx21SvagexX

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017

Nah the whole gpu came out its slot. I had my hdmi cord pulled on and it just came out

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

First, if it came out of the slot and was pushed back in while the system was on, same thing as above.
Second, how could it come out of its slot? Not screwed down to the case?

Xx21SvagexX

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017

Nah it came out of the slot while the pc was on. It kinda flickered like it was repeatedly connecting and disconnecting. so I unpluged my pc and pushed the gpu back in. I never knew I could screw my gpu either

Xx21SvagexX

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017

I never had an issue with it until that. Is my gpu broke? I just got this gpu and only had it for one month so that would suck

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It's hard to say if the gfx card is damaged or not. Let's hope not. Remove it and check to see if there are any burnt spots on the card's edge connector. Likewise in the slot.

If everything looks good, put it back in and boot up. Run DDU from safe mode to uninstall the driver. Reboot and install the latest driver.
Run CCleaner and do the clean and registry parts both.
And what do you mean you didn't know you could screw the card down to the case? You had to have taken out the case's screws to mount the card.

Solution