GPU Display Failure?

Jun 19, 2018
I have had an issue with my PC not recognising the HDMI signal from my GPU lately, this has only happened once when booting, but recently the screen turned black and nothing happened. The fans worked, the LEDs were on, but no video display. What do I do and what is causing this issue?

Once the PC boots up correctly, the BIOS is fine and recognises everything, MSI Afterburner is all okay, task manager says everything is also okay and I can resume whatever I was doing.

edit: after turning of the PC forcibly, I wiggled the HDMI cable and made sure that the power to the GPU was fine. I also checked that the RAM was in and gave my GPU a push into the slot. So far it has booted up and is running fine as far as I can tell. Although I am still not sure if that was the issue or if I am just lucky :(

Jun 19, 2018
I haven't tried another cable yet, but seen as this HDMI Cable is fairly old it may actually be the reason, as for other ports I haven't tried any. Is there anything else that me be an underlying problem or can I put my anxiety to rest as its just a HDMI cable problem?