GPU doesn't line up in brackets in case?

jcup

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
Hello, I am building my PC right now and I just installed the motherboard (Gigabyte Z87 HD3) into my corsair carbide 500r and I went to put the GPU into the PCIe slot and the slot is right in the middle of the two brackets on the back of the case?? The GPU can't be plugged in because the fan/display ports brackets that is supposed to stick out the back doesn't line up? I dont see any slots that allow me to mount my MoBo up higher so What do I do? I am building right now so a quick reply would be fantastic

Solution
is it possible for you to take a picture of what you're describing? As long as you have lined up your motherboard correctly in the case, the PCIe slots should line up properly with the open slots on the case. Is there a metal piece you need to pop out before you can access the display ports?
Does your motherboard fit into the rear i/o pannel correctly???

You need to fully screw the motherboard into the case first, with all the usb/network/etc ports fitting properly in the rear IO panel. Then you can install the GPU.

What case and what motherboard do you have,and what GPU while at it.

You should of got brass standoffs with your case. You have to install them first and then screw the motherboard into them. They will rise the motherboard about 1/4 inch off of the tray.

Also make sure to install all available screws to mount your motherboard to the case. They are ground points for different sections of the motherboard. That is why the standoffs are usually brass I believe.

Entomber

Admirable
is it possible for you to take a picture of what you're describing? As long as you have lined up your motherboard correctly in the case, the PCIe slots should line up properly with the open slots on the case. Is there a metal piece you need to pop out before you can access the display ports?

Solution