GPU don't respond correctly.

Dec 3, 2014
At beginning, I had my system with a Edge Blazar 600w PSU. For the fact of being a generic PSU, it don't worked well enough and got burned. Now (a bit late) I have a Corsair PSU 500w 80+.

Motherboard, CPU, memory modules, hard disks... everything works perfectly. The main problem now is, when I need to work in my PC, I have to warm up the graphics card (a XFX 7770 Core Edition) with a hair drier so it can boot.

The insanity is, while working, I have to run any app that uses a lot the card (Xilisoft converting a video via GPU, or PCSX2 running any game), because if it gets cooler than 40 °C, the system crashes and video card stops sending signal.

It's it a case of chip desoldered or the previous PSU chopped the VBIOS?

Solution
Hello... 1) a PS going out will cause anything connected to it to to see Voltage spikes, can cause a curruption of programming.
2) try cleaning your video card connector edges with rubbing Alcohol and re-insert.
3) Check your Power suppy Connectors and Pins for a Tight, Good, Clean connection to your Video card.

Because of lead free solder these Days... there is a increase in related "Cold, Cracked,temperature sensitive " Solder Joints.
Dec 3, 2014

Hello. I thought same here. So warming up expands metals and gets contact. I see...

But it's possible if before the PSU crashed it was perfectly fine? It's not more easy for a incident like that to get the card chip mild burned and get pink lines on screen?

Hello... I have re-flashed cards and have gotten 50% of them work after wards... if your experienced at flashing, give it a try, as a last resort, All ways... but could prove difficult in this Case.
Check your Power suppy Connectors and Pins for a Tight, Good, Clean connection to your Video card.

Dec 3, 2014

Is that even possible? Is not "the cooler, the better" to prevent all that issues? Because my case is hand-made, and I had all cautions to increase air flow to all components. Even, the main fan is a 15 cms diameter.

Dec 3, 2014

Sounds tempting. But you say it's a problem of a temp sensor or what? Because I can say connector works fine. I even hear their metals scratching the ones in card.

Hello... 1) a PS going out will cause anything connected to it to to see Voltage spikes, can cause a curruption of programming.
2) try cleaning your video card connector edges with rubbing Alcohol and re-insert.
3) Check your Power suppy Connectors and Pins for a Tight, Good, Clean connection to your Video card.

Because of lead free solder these Days... there is a increase in related "Cold, Cracked,temperature sensitive " Solder Joints.

Solution