Question [GPU Driver Issue] ASUS Dual Arez 8GB

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
Hello community,

Today I had and still having issues with games like WoT, GTA 5. I'm getting crashes, also in total 2 BSOD's related to drivers[graphics].

I checked in device manager to update my RX 580 8GB drivers through windows, it says the latest drivers were installed already.

Tried, unistalling the drivers, rebooting the pc, and click Update on the Windows for automatically installing it. Afterwards again reboot. And it's the same, keep getting crashes.

In Friday i was on the PC, no problems with the games, yesterday(Saturday) i was off whole day and today(Sunday) when I turned on the PC and start playing WoT/GTA 5 I was getting crashes often and often. Everything is related to drivers.

I have installed AMD Radeon Software. Also 3rd party utilities and GPU Tweak II

My latest update on GPU driver was: 20.2(version), the new on which is recommended is 20.4(something like that), but nothing..

What need to do?Should I disable some settings?

It's terrible, i can't play games more than minute or two.

GPU: ASUS Arez Dual 8gb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 2x8GB RAM T-Force Delta 3200MHz
MB: ASRock Steel Legend B450

Reactions: randomquartz

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Last edited:

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
What about your CPU Temp?

Try to Uninstall all your GPU Driver using DDU

Download this first then extract it.. Reboot into Safe Mode and run it. then it will restart.
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

after restart download this and Install it
https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-20.4.2-may25.exe

Dont use Windows Update to install gpu driver :O

Unistalled the drivers but the link for the drivvers which you gave me isn't working - https://prnt.sc/t3tim5

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
Installed the latest one ( 20.5.1 ), my desktop background went black screen. I'll test in GTA V right now (FiveM) and will post reply later.

If it still occurs i think I should install 20.4.2.

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
Update:

Ran in safe mode to unistall the drivers, afterwards in normal mode installed the optional version driver which is 20.5.1, for 15 minutes or 20, i've got 2 crashes in GTAV(FiveM) which is not normal. At these places which I am, before I never, never got crashes, its not normal.

I do not know what to do, except to install the Recommended version which is 20.4.2

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Update:

Ran in safe mode to unistall the drivers, afterwards in normal mode installed the optional version driver which is 20.5.1, for 15 minutes or 20, i've got 2 crashes in GTAV(FiveM) which is not normal. At these places which I am, before I never, never got crashes, its not normal.

I do not know what to do, except to install the Recommended version which is 20.4.2

Have you tried compatibility ? Windows 8. 7?
ble2jBy.png

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
Up:

1 crash and two blue screens, the first BSOD: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, the second one was too fast to read(like 1 sec bsod and the pc restarted)

Damn, i dont know what is happening

I'll try 20.4.2 version of gpu version.

My win is 1909 downloaded from microsoft and it's activated with key ( pro version).

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
Try to limit your FPS to 60.
On Radeon Software Select Power Saver profile to limit it to 60 FPS.

See if you get crash again.

Where is that? I dont have this profile, im having only Gaming,eSports,Standard

Also In Control Panel/Power Option, it's marked - High Performance, should I change it back to Balanced(recommended)?

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
Also checked through cmd about the integrity ( the commands with /restorehealth and afterwards sfc /scannow ), tried twice, did not get any error. Everything was OK, so I doubt it from the windows.

Today played WoT - 10 minutes - 6 crashes

I'm having lot of FPS like 290-350, im not having any lags, same for GTAV FiveM(running at normal quality), i dont know what causing it..any suggestions?

Edit: my gpu's temp in GTA V / WoT - 60 - 75

Also due to the fast changing percentages in task manager, while playing WoT saw that the GPU Load in task manager is 99-100% but its not heating lot.

- In Windows Update, im having ready for install Windows 10 2004 version, im currently with 1909, should I install 2004 version?

Jun 23, 2020
I'm on AsRock-B450M-HDV and an XFX RX580. My game would receive huuge stutters to the point of absolute unplayability. That wasn't the case before updating the driver. I'm now rolling back to 19 point something. Hope it does sort stuff out.

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
Try to limit your FPS to 60.
On Radeon Software Select Power Saver profile to limit it to 60 FPS.

See if you get crash again.
I'm on AsRock-B450M-HDV and an XFX RX580. My game would receive huuge stutters to the point of absolute unplayability. That wasn't the case before updating the driver. I'm now rolling back to 19 point something. Hope it does sort stuff out.

Hey again fellas,

My PC was on hardware diagnostic(GPU), my parts are on warranty and they didnt find anything wrong. They tested my GPU on another PC and they played like 2-3 hours without any crashes/BSOD.

they suggested me to reinstall the windows with the newest one. They cant do software warranty cuz i didnt buy windows from them, anyway, I reinstalled the windows by myself, downloaded from microsoft, latest one. Ran it, chose to be saved on USB flash drive. Afterwards in installation process deleted all partitions. Clicked on SSD New, then on HDD - New. Everything okay, next step is getting files, verifying etc. No issues there. Got in desktop - checked for updates, got several updates, checked device manager, no symbols over there. Restarted the PC, installed the AMD radeon software 20.4.2[recommended one], restarted the pc. Installed epicgames, installed gta 5 and rockstars, started singleplayer and after 4-5 minutes again BSOD.... Service not exception something like that..

It's unreal.. I'm starting to think its HDD problem.. When I formatted it and create it in the windows installation process everything was okay. When I got in the windows, went to My PC and i didnt have the HDD disk there(only SSD) and had to make it available through the Disk management.

Any suggestions?

P.S What is the exact version of your amd radeon software buddy? 19.??.??

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020
To roll back I uninstalled the AMD Radeon software. Some people especially recommend cleaning AMD drivers with DDU driver cleaner. I did it without. Restart, and install old driver from AMD. Just the last version with number 19. You can find it on the Radeon driver page for RX580. Below the current drivers, you can click "previous drivers" or something like this.
I'm playing Destiny 2 and it's been much better since I started using 19 again.

Jun 23, 2020
You could also consult Window's reliability monitor. It can give at least SOME insight as to what part of your system goes bananas. You might also check with just one piece of RAM inserted. If it crashes, insert the next piece and so on. This is a rather common source of heavy crashes.

ferdinand50

Prominent
May 31, 2020
Could you try putting another GPU your PC, and check if it gets the blue screens as well?

Guy told me they tried my GPU to another PC and it doesn't have any issues, also ran memtest, no issues with the ram.
It's ridiculous, 1 month passed and I can't have stable PC, i would require refund if it's possible, its just ridiculous.

P.s so you are recommending me the 19 version/ the latest 19 version, right?/

I don't know what to do, should I try another windows? Preactivated, 1909 January updated? I'm currently with 2004 up to date, same issues.

What about 8/8.1 windows? Idk id they are good, what you think?

Jun 23, 2020
GPU in another system worked. Okay.
Now try another GPU in your current PC.
I don't think another version of windows can solve the problem. W10 has everything you need. The others are deprecated.