[SOLVED] GPU DRIVERS

Dec 28, 2020
I’ve been setting up my pc today and I tried to install nvidia drivers and when I do my screen flickers on and off and when I go into device manager on my gpu(rtx3070) it says error code 43 any advice

Solution
Are you using the most recent BIOS version for the motherboard. These can help with similar GPU issues.

Also, is Windows fully up to date and did you install the latest AMD chipset drivers?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b550

After installing the chipset drivers, try installing the most recent drivers from Nvidia:

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
How long does it usually take to update
It should just flicker off and back on within a few seconds to a minute. If it stays off completely... then there is an issue. try to re-start the PC and it may take a few mins to output.
If not then there may be a bigger issue at hand. like corrupted files or a navigation issue. You may need to run on just integrated graphics if you have it, or start from scratch and repair windows using command prompt.

Dec 28, 2020
It should just flicker off and back on within a few seconds to a minute. If it stays off completely... then there is an issue. try to re-start the PC and it may take a few mins to output.
If not then there may be a bigger issue at hand. like corrupted files or a navigation issue. You may need to run on just integrated graphics if you have it, or start from scratch and repair windows using command prompt.
From what I know it won’t stop flickering and still shows the error code 43 but then says I have drivers but still says I have to install them again?

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
From what I know it won’t stop flickering and still shows the error code 43 but then says I have drivers but still says I have to install them again?
hmm, well this may be related to a post i just commented on with corrupt files interfering. I know its a pain in the ass but do a proper clean of the hdd, use DDU to get rid of every display driver, and then use command prompt as admin to so a system scan for corrupt files.

Before that, turn off your windows firewall and uninstall and 3rd party antivirus programs. THEN do the DDU uninstall...and as a last resort open your Command Prompt and type sfc /scannow. this will run through the system looking for file issues.

and the restart your pc and try again.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Are you using the most recent BIOS version for the motherboard. These can help with similar GPU issues.

Also, is Windows fully up to date and did you install the latest AMD chipset drivers?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b550

After installing the chipset drivers, try installing the most recent drivers from Nvidia:

Solution