Question GPU failure in a specific benchmark ( black myth wukong)

darknopror

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2016
Black myth wukong benchmark, crash

GPU failure

TLDR; My GPU fails when I try the black myth wukong benchmark.
I have tried using multiple custom GPU settings and even the stock and they all lead to a failure
And by a failure I mean the screen would turn black and a message box saying "no signal" would pop up.
My mobo would flash the led that says the GPU is having a problem.
My rig
Cpu: Ryzen 5 7500F @ stock
GPU: XFX Rx 6950Xt
Ram: lexar thor ddr5 2x16 @6000 infinity fabric@2033
Mobo: ASRock b650 pro RS
Psu: 750 W gigabyte Gold rated ( tier B on cultist tier)
Running @1440p
Latest drivers for everything running.
The issue is a first of it's kind, my system never crashed like this before.
How it goes: I run the benchmark, I sometimes get the thing to benchmark once sometimes it crashes on the second try.
How the crash happens: the fan would keep getting louder and louder until the screen goes black with the fans blowing at max speed.
Another case: it would just crash, everything would go quiet and dark except for the logo of the GPU.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2024
Black myth wukong benchmark, crash

GPU failure

TLDR; My GPU fails when I try the black myth wukong benchmark.
I have tried using multiple custom GPU settings and even the stock and they all lead to a failure
And by a failure I mean the screen would turn black and a message box saying "no signal" would pop up.
My mobo would flash the led that says the GPU is having a problem.
My rig
Cpu: Ryzen 5 7500F @ stock
GPU: XFX Rx 6950Xt
Ram: lexar thor ddr5 2x16 @6000 infinity fabric@2033
Mobo: ASRock b650 pro RS
Psu: 750 W gigabyte Gold rated ( tier B on cultist tier)
Running @1440p
Latest drivers for everything running.
The issue is a first of it's kind, my system never crashed like this before.
How it goes: I run the benchmark, I sometimes get the thing to benchmark once sometimes it crashes on the second try.
How the crash happens: the fan would keep getting louder and louder until the screen goes black with the fans blowing at max speed.
Another case: it would just crash, everything would go quiet and dark except for the logo of the GPU.
Any help would be appreciated.
I have the same GPU and had the same issue. Had to fresh install windows and factory reset AMD drivers because of this. Unfortunately, no fix as of yet for the benchmark. Does work on High settings, so I suggest not going higher than that for now.