Question GPU fan is spinning, but doesn't show display.

mcbuckets

Prominent
Jan 5, 2020
CPU: Intel i5 9600k
Motherboard: ASRock H310M-HDV
Ram: 2x 8 GB sticks (16GB)
SSD/HDD: Sandisk 240GB SSD
GPU: Geforce 1050 Ti
PSU: 500 w

I have an issue with my GPU. I've had the graphics card for a while and I've never experienced this weird issue going on. When the graphics card is plugged in, the fan spins, but there's nothing that displays. I've tried taking a look at my device manager when I boot up the PC on the motherboard graphics and the GPU isn't getting detected. I've also tried looking through the BIOS settings, but I couldn't find anything. I hope it's not too big of an issue.

That's a very poor PSU from EVGA. It's the W1 which is rated as tier D here:

How old is it? It might have started to fail. Even if it's not the issue, you should upgrade it to at least a tier C.

You can try the GPU in another system to see if it works. Or you can try another PSU in yours.

mcbuckets

Prominent
Jan 5, 2020
That's a very poor PSU from EVGA. It's the W1 which is rated as tier D here:

How old is it? It might have started to fail. Even if it's not the issue, you should upgrade it to at least a tier C.

You can try the GPU in another system to see if it works. Or you can try another PSU in yours.

I purchased it about 2 years ago. I have another GPU that I use as well, but it crashes when playing high-end graphics games. It usually crashes and I think that it's not getting enough power, It's a GTX 760.