[SOLVED] Gpu Fan Issue

Feb 11, 2020
Before starting to explain my problem sorry for my bad english. It's not my main language. Anyways, i have a Msi Rtx 2070 Gaming Z. I bought it a year ago it was fine until then or i thought so. When gpu reaches 74 celcius fan 1 goes crazy and maxing out the speed and then slows back when it goes back to 73. Well i know this card has 81 thermal limit and 88 thermal throttle limit. This should've not happen. I reinstalled some old gpu drivers, msi afterburner etc but problem still exist. I'd appericate the help. Have a nice day.

Solution
First update your MB chipset driver, also maybe the BIOS too.

And I don't know you try to use the fan speed curve yet. Try it if you din't use it yet.

If your MB has newer chipset drvier and BIOS, also you did use the GPU speed curve ( like with MSI afterburner), and if you feel your GPU fan may have problem, contact MSI, and don't update the GPU BIOS by yourself, because MSI does not provide it yet.
First update your MB chipset driver, also maybe the BIOS too.

And I don't know you try to use the fan speed curve yet. Try it if you din't use it yet.

If your MB has newer chipset drvier and BIOS, also you did use the GPU speed curve ( like with MSI afterburner), and if you feel your GPU fan may have problem, contact MSI, and don't update the GPU BIOS by yourself, because MSI does not provide it yet.

Solution
Feb 11, 2020
Everything is up to date. And i heard many people has this issue. I think some rtx cards are defected. Or its gotta be something with gpu bios or driver. Thank you for reply btw.

Last edited: