Question GPU Fan maxing out when idle!

Came12on

Commendable
Apr 17, 2020
So I just installed a new SSD. I used CCLeaner beforehand and cleaned the default ticked things. I also cleaned the register, again the default things selected. I started defragging a different drive but decided to stop.
Next time I restarted the pc my gpu fan is running very loud while idle at max (only 1 of the 2 fans are running)

I've tried controlling the fan in afterburner.

What could be the problem? I can't see how its a hardware issue because its started straight after i made these ccleaner changes. I double clicked the registry backup so now the old registry should be back to normal? but the fan problem still persists

The card is 1060 Jetstream

CCleaner is a good program when you use the cleanup function on the temporary files etc but that REGISTER cleaning is not to be used casually like that.

You cleaned the registry and the GPU fans started to spin at max after that? What does it tells you?

When you start your system the GPU fan spin at max. That's normal. When you start a system the fan is not under any software control so that's why they are just spinning to max for a few seconds.

Came12on

Commendable
Apr 17, 2020
CCleaner is a good program when you use the cleanup function on the temporary files etc but that REGISTER cleaning is not to be used casually like that.

You cleaned the registry and the GPU fans started to spin at max after that? What does it tells you?

When you start your system the GPU fan spin at max. That's normal. When you start a system the fan is not under any software control so that's why they are just spinning to max for a few seconds.
Thanks for the reply... yeah every time I've ever cleaned registry something bad has happened aha... any idea how to help? Like I say I double clicked my registry backup but it didn't help.

Any idea what in the registry would cause this issue?