[SOLVED] GPU fan won't stop

fanwontstop

Commendable
Feb 20, 2020
I have 2 GTX 1070s

When I boot up my PC, everything is fine, the Fan Stop light is showing.
When an application kicks in, the GPUs once they hit a temp,the fans will kick in.

Problem is, for one of my GPUs, the fans won;t stop. even if i close the apps and leav it in idle, the fan will keep going.

I tried removing and testing each GPU, it only affects one Graphics card, the other ones fan spins down, so I have 1 gfx card whose fans wont spin down once it spins up.

I tired usiong MSI afterburner to adjust the settings but it makes no difference. ALso seems to be some problem with the RPM sensor, whilst Fan speed has a %, RPM is always displayed as 0

Solution
OK, i seem to have fixed it.

Closer inspection of the faulty GPU showed that one of the fans wasnt spinning. It was stiff,
So I pulled out the faulty fan without disconnecting it from the board, and cleaned it with a dry toothbrush. It was less stiff (but still stiff), and when Iused it again, it's spinning quietly and ramping up and down smoothly in fan speed.

fanwontstop

Commendable
Feb 20, 2020
OK, i seem to have fixed it.

Closer inspection of the faulty GPU showed that one of the fans wasnt spinning. It was stiff,
So I pulled out the faulty fan without disconnecting it from the board, and cleaned it with a dry toothbrush. It was less stiff (but still stiff), and when Iused it again, it's spinning quietly and ramping up and down smoothly in fan speed.

Solution