Question GPU fans will speed up but not slow down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozlepuzzle

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
Hello everyone, yesterday I bought an EVGA 1650 Super and so far it has been working ok, except for the fans.

When I turn on the computer they start very quiet (as they should be), then when I open some demanding game the fans speed will go up, but when I close the game, and when I close all apps, the fans speed is still very high and making a lot of noise.

I tried using MSI afterburner, and EVGA Precision, they only work at first, when my fans are quiet I can increase the speed if I want to, but once it has gone up, I can't slow them down, the programs' slider doesn't work, and even if i try to put the fans at 20% nothing changes, they still spin very fast and making a lot of noise, it's like they get stuck at that speed because the RPM don't change until I reboot the computer

The cooling option on the Nvidia control panel is greyed out

do you know what can I do? Thank you
(My motherboard is Gigabyte A320M-s2h and processor AMD 3200G)

Last edited:

boozlepuzzle

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
Hey, if anyone stumbles upon this post and also has this problem, I found a (weird) way to fix it, just change the 6-pin cable on your GPU to the other one (if your PSU comes with two 6-pin cables)
I know it doesn't make any sense, but it worked for me and now I have full control over the fans

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...gtx1650-super-fan-control-issue/?topicPage=5/

I got the solution from there, it worked for that person as well

Status
Not open for further replies.