[SOLVED] Gpu for 1080p

Jul 19, 2020
I'm looking to upgrade my pc and futureproof it for at least a couple of years and be able to play games that come out in some years and run it smoothly. Getting a ryzen 7 3700x for cpu but can't decide on the gpu. Is it absolute necessary to get at least some of the new rtx 3070 or i can i go something below that? Trying to get to high/ultra graphics at 1080 with a 60 hz monitor.

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for the answer, got a pretty good deal on a Radeon 5600XT so i'll probably get that one. Do you think the 5600XT will be able to keep up with the next games games that come out for PS5/Xbox Series X and still play them @1080p 60fps? Or will i have to change it in the future? Sorry for the bad english it is not my native language and try to do my best.

PS5/Series X is more geared towards 4k resolution gaming and those can't be compared with a fairly upper mid-range PC, that you aim for a 60fps gaming experience at 1080p. Theoritically for the first two years, yes, the games releasing on PC, PS5 and Series X would be playable at 1080P (not necessarily always 60 FPS) on your rig. But as developers discover the true...
Jul 19, 2020
Any GPU from of RTX range (2060 and up) would be an excessive overkill. You will be getting all settings to Ultra at 1080P with a Nvidia 1660Ti Super or Radeon 5700 (non XT)/ Radeon 5600XT.
Thanks for the answer, got a pretty good deal on a Radeon 5600XT so i'll probably get that one. Do you think the 5600XT will be able to keep up with the next games games that come out for PS5/Xbox Series X and still play them @1080p 60fps? Or will i have to change it in the future? Sorry for the bad english it is not my native language and try to do my best.

serioussamik17

Distinguished

PS5/Series X is more geared towards 4k resolution gaming and those can't be compared with a fairly upper mid-range PC, that you aim for a 60fps gaming experience at 1080p. Theoritically for the first two years, yes, the games releasing on PC, PS5 and Series X would be playable at 1080P (not necessarily always 60 FPS) on your rig. But as developers discover the true potential of these consoles, you can upgrade the GPU and add more RAM (say around end of 2022) to match up with the requirements of any game releasing on all 3 platforms. With the Ryzen 3700, you are good for at least two years now at 1080P.

Note: Depending on the power supply (PSU) you have , you may require to upgrade that as well to satisfy the power requirements of the new GPU, if you upgrade after 2 years.

Last edited:
Solution