[SOLVED] GPU for new build

cma6

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Given that buying a GPU now is a horror show, what would experts recommend for a new build?
I won't be doing any lc0 computing.
Current card it Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost, which I'm happy with in terms of resolution and ports.

Solution
You can always build around that card. Though Nvidia is dropping new driver support soon I believe.

You can also buy retail PCs that have graphics cards in them. Most reliable way to get them at the moment. So if you are after a complete system, that is the way to go.

OEM PCs like HP (top ranked so far), Dell (Avoid), Lenovo (average)

Mainstream builders like CyberPowerPC, NZXT's Build service, Newegg's ENIAC (Or just their pre-assembled PCs on their site, that aren't refurbs)

Or true Boutique builders like Digital Storm, Origin, Falcon Northwest...

Set a budget and lots of people here can post suggestions.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can always build around that card. Though Nvidia is dropping new driver support soon I believe.

You can also buy retail PCs that have graphics cards in them. Most reliable way to get them at the moment. So if you are after a complete system, that is the way to go.

OEM PCs like HP (top ranked so far), Dell (Avoid), Lenovo (average)

Mainstream builders like CyberPowerPC, NZXT's Build service, Newegg's ENIAC (Or just their pre-assembled PCs on their site, that aren't refurbs)

Or true Boutique builders like Digital Storm, Origin, Falcon Northwest...

Set a budget and lots of people here can post suggestions.

Solution