Question GPU gets loud, monitor turns black and says "DVI-D No Signal", but audio still works while playing video games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2022
Hey everyone, I hope your having a nice day. My current pc has a Asus Dual Rx580 with one missing blade on one of the fans which make it extremely loud. When I'm playing
resource-intensive games you can hear it from downstairs from my room. When I touch my graphics card during the game its extremely hot and almost unbearable. Is the high temp from the stupid blade making me crash or is it that I don't have enough power? (I have a 500w PSU with a Ryzen 7 2700x and X-470 mob)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I have a 500w PSU
500W is the advertised wattage of the unit. We'll need to know the make and model of said unit as well as it's age. On second thoughts, please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

The issue might very well be a bad PSU incapable of delivering power to your GPU when necessary.

pc has a Asus Dual Rx580 with one missing blade on one of the fans which make it extremely loud
That can be the other reason. You might want to start looking for a replacement fan from Aliexpress or Ebay though to me, that GPU should already be in the bin since people who had that GPU had them die due to being cooked in their own heat.

Jun 7, 2022
Hi! Thanks for getting back to me!

My original specs were a i7 2600, Rx 580, Asrock Extreme Gen 3 mob (or something like that), some 8gb each patriot signature ram (x4), 240gb SSD, Western Digital 1TB Hard drive, some 380 watt ugly green PSU, Phanteks Evolv Case, Windows 10, and a 27 inch 60z LG monitor thats pretty old.

With these specs above I still had crashes occur prior before my upgrade. Along with this the "crashes" seem to happen more frequently in the summer (like 5x a day) than in the winter where it was maybe once. (I live in Ohio, so its not like the climates are extreme- haha)

Here are my new specs that I've had for like 6 months now:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
Motherboard: X-470 Pro
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 32gb
SSD/HDD: 240gb SSD, 1TB Hard Drive (Same as before)
GPU: Asus Dual Rx 580 8GB
PSU: Thermaltake Tough Power Series GX1 500w (Maybe 1.5 years old)
Chassis: Some variant of the Phanteks Evolv Case
Monitor: 27 inch 60z LG monitor thats pretty old, 1080p

I'll try getting a replacement fan for the one with the broken blade and see if that helps. If it doesn't fully stop the problem should I just look into getting a new graphics card (if so what should I get with the market still so high) or are there others ways to cool it down even more? Also do you have any other ideas for troubleshooting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS