[SOLVED] GPU gets to 100% at highest settings. Every game.

Sep 11, 2020
Okay, so i bought a gtx 1650 super like 4 months ago. It was running at max 99% usage. But lately both my cpu and gpu usage got high. Cpu running at 100% sometimes.Gpu running at 100% on any game with highest graphics on. Which is most weird is that my gpu runs at 100% usage on World Of Warcraft, there's when i knew something was wrong. Please help me i am so tired of having issues everytime. Oh yeah, Fps feels lower than before, also when looking around fast fps drops by 10-20 fps.
Gpu = Gtx 1650 super
Cpu = i3 9100f.
Ssd = Samsung 870 evo.
motherboard = z390-a-pro.
Ram = hyperx 4x2.
Power supply = Hyper M 500W.
Would be awesome to get some help.

Solution
@InvalidError Sorry for the late response. But actually. This low fps problem occured after changing the motherboard from h310m-c motherboard to z390 a pro.

But by the way. Gpu hits 100% usage in all games. Atleast when having the highest settings possible available. Which has never happened before. Gpu usually stayed at max 99% never went to 100%
When you change motherboard you should reinstall Windows. As for 99% vs 100% is irrelevant. Software monitoring isn’t 100% accurate, there can be differences between different versions and different tools.

InvalidError

Titan
Well, the i3-9100 (very odd choice for a z390 motherboard) is a plain quad-core CPU which is getting borderline in many newer games.

GPU-wise, 100% usage at max graphics is to be expected, not seeing the surprise there, the GTX1650S isn't a particularly powerful GPU.

Oh yeah, Fps feels lower than before
Lower than before what? If you upgraded from an AMD to an Nvidia GPU, HWUB recently did an Nvidia vs AMD driver overhead comparison and it appears that Nvidia's driver overhead can cause a CPU bottleneck 20% earlier than AMD's.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020
@InvalidError Sorry for the late response. But actually. This low fps problem occured after changing the motherboard from h310m-c motherboard to z390 a pro.

But by the way. Gpu hits 100% usage in all games. Atleast when having the highest settings possible available. Which has never happened before. Gpu usually stayed at max 99% never went to 100%

When you change motherboard you should reinstall Windows. As for 99% vs 100% is irrelevant. Software monitoring isn’t 100% accurate, there can be differences between different versions and different tools.

Solution