GPU giving "no input" on monitor

Badcats24

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
I've looked around the web a bit and found a few people with similar problems. This is my first build. My GC is not giving me an output, I also have no integrated graphics either. I did some checking and it is for sure the GC. I'm pretty sure I need to update some drivers but don't know how since I can't get an image on screen and haven't even booted it up correctly once yet to install an OS or get past the bios stage of set-up

My specs are:
MSI 970 motherboard
GTX 1050 ti graphics
2tb hard drive
24gb team dark ddr3 ram (3x8)
AMD - FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze power supply

Solution
If you're certain it is the graphics card then just RMA it and save yourself the hassle of troubleshooting it.

Even without Windows and the manufacturer drivers BIOS should still show for a functioning system (which reads like it does). Also, even if you haven't installed the specific graphics card driver, Windows has a basic driver which allows for a display. It can't be a driver issue in the way you think because your system, as is, has no drivers.

If you do want to troubleshoot it further, then I suggest starting with the POST sticky for common issues:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

However, from the way you've explained the issue I suspect it's because you aren't...
If you're certain it is the graphics card then just RMA it and save yourself the hassle of troubleshooting it.

Even without Windows and the manufacturer drivers BIOS should still show for a functioning system (which reads like it does). Also, even if you haven't installed the specific graphics card driver, Windows has a basic driver which allows for a display. It can't be a driver issue in the way you think because your system, as is, has no drivers.

If you do want to troubleshoot it further, then I suggest starting with the POST sticky for common issues:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

However, from the way you've explained the issue I suspect it's because you aren't approaching OS installation correctly.

Solution