Question GPU glued to the case, what can be done?

antonis mark

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021
this is my old GPU from my old computer's graphics card (GT1030) which is better than my new one(GT 710 (purchased for testing purposes)):
L8tXmZY.jpg

however, it is glued to the case with silicon and I can't remove it:
vLy18PG.jpg

I just want to borrow this good graphics card temporarily until this GPU crisis ends so I can afford to purchase a new one and put this back... but it seems that I can't.
should I do anything, or just leave it there and use the old computer until a new card can be purchased?
a similar GPU (aftermarket)(gigabyte MSI...), in my country, cost 85$.This card above is Nvidia original made(GP108-300 with gddr5 SDRAM) the same graphics card cost 150$ as seen on amazon

So it looks like you hot glued the GPU to the expansion slot of the case because it is missing the metal bracket?
(did you get it used and missing the low profile bracket which should have been in the retail box)?

Pull harder, hot glue (or silicon caulk) doesn't stick hard enough to be permanent. Or scoring/cutting the glue with a knife will help.

Reactions: Nemesia

antonis mark

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021
So it looks like you hot glued the GPU to the expansion slot of the case because it is missing the metal bracket?
(did you get it used and missing the low profile bracket which should have been in the retail box)?

Pull harder, hot glue (or silicon caulk) doesn't stick hard enough to be permanent. Or scoring/cutting the glue with a knife will help.
hello, thanks again are you sure pulling harder? this won't damage the graphics card?!
plus this wasn't my build it was an aftermarket enterprise which included the graphics card glued
last will knife scratch the card or cut any connection?