GPU goes crazy at post

Jun 21, 2018
My graphics card's fan go crazy at post, then I get one long beep sound and two short beep sonds, no video. I have read some articles and everyone says that my GPU is overheating or even broken, on the other hand, the PC turns on correctly a few times and works perfectly, even if I use the 90% of the GPU.
These are my spects: Intel i3 500, GTX 650, Motherboard Acer X5950, 4GB DDR3 RAM 1333MHz and a 1TB Segeate hard drive.

Solution

Looks like the GTX 1060 is barely active:
• It’s clock and memory are working at a small fraction of full capability… it’s temp is very cool at 28ºC cool, and the fan is spinning at 32%. But you took those specs report when the GPU issue was ongoing right?... And if you check that information when the computer is running normally, the registered specifications are probably normal right?.

If your answers agree, the issue is probably hardware related (not software), and

Possible causes are:
• Weak PSU...
Jun 21, 2018

The card is seated properly. I think is a video card problem, but, if I try to turn it on a couple of times, the computer turns on correctly and the video card works great, without the fan problem. I can even play games.

Looks like the GTX 1060 is barely active:
• It’s clock and memory are working at a small fraction of full capability… it’s temp is very cool at 28ºC cool, and the fan is spinning at 32%. But you took those specs report when the GPU issue was ongoing right?... And if you check that information when the computer is running normally, the registered specifications are probably normal right?.

If your answers agree, the issue is probably hardware related (not software), and

Possible causes are:
• Weak PSU or bad (loose) power connection
• Bad GPU component
• The PCIe slot may be dusty or damaged

What to do:
• Check the power connections
• Clean the PCIe slot or use another if the mobo has it
• Try a different PSU

Award BIOS Beep Codes according to BIOS Central:
1long, 2 short = Video adapter error
Either video adapter is bad or is not seated properly. Also, check to ensure the monitor cable is connected properly.

Possible cause as discussed in this forum:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/289971-30-ex58-ud3r-long-short-bios-beep-code

AMI BIOS Beep Codes according to BIOS Central:
1 long, 2 short = Failure in video system
An error was encountered in the video BIOS ROM, or a horizontal retrace failure has been encountered

Possible cause as discussed in this forum:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/364392-33-long-short-beeps-morning

Solution