Question GPU HDMI port short or GPU dead?

Shad2466

Honorable
Jan 19, 2015
Just want to know if a gpu can be dead even with a solid white led indicating its okay or did my old motherboard short the HDMI port. When i boot with it in i hear the PC switch to iGPU after a while.

Asus EX-RX 570

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of trouble shooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the age of your PSU apart from it's make and model. That's to see if the issue is confined to your GPU(or motherboard) alone.

As for your question in the thread, perhaps, if your PSU sent a stray amount of power through to the components probable due to a power surge or a lightning strike.

When i boot with it in i hear the PC switch to iGPU after a while.
Can you elaborate?

Shad2466

Honorable
Jan 19, 2015
When posting a thread of trouble shooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Didn't post the full specs since i wanted to know since the solid white light on the gpu means its okay, if it could still possibly be dead or the port is just damaged from the old mobo shortage.

include the age of your PSU apart from it's make and model. That's to see if the issue is confined to your GPU(or motherboard) alone.

As for your question in the thread, perhaps, if your PSU sent a stray amount of power through to the components probable due to a power surge or a lightning strike.
The PSU like 3-4 years old but its a new mobo so nah. The old one had a short/damaged/eventually led to no power.

When i boot with it in i hear the PC switch to iGPU after a while.
Can you elaborate?
Like you could hear it power down after it realize the cable not connected to the gpu then power back up to the iGPU, like it detects the GPU is there?

The GPU stopped working while using the old mobo, black screen while gaming then no signal every since.

Shad2466

Honorable
Jan 19, 2015
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

CPU: 3400g Ryzen
Motherboard: Asus b450m tuf gaming plus II
Ram: 16gig 2666mhz
SSD/HDD: 480gig SSD, 1tb HDD
GPU: Ex-RX 570