Question GPU high temps + low rpm on default (without using custom a fan curve)?!

el_shekoo7

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
Hi everyone,

So my rx570 4g Saphire pulse was running great with 67-71 max temps range as I remember, but I decided to change the thermal paste after that I'm getting low RPMs and it hits 75-81 temps on Default (no fan curve) and now I have to use a custom curve to maintain the old temps (not too aggressive curve it's just about 1900-2000 rpm to stay on 65-67, a bit noisy but ok ), I'm curious what happened?! I never used custom curves before changing the thermal paste and it was doing fine (i mean the fan speed was adapting to the GPU temp on default). is there a way to reset it somehow? or maybe it's the thermal paste (it's Corsair TM30 and I did the dot method + 3 times and the same results)?

- idle temps 28-35 with 0 RPM on default-

Thanks

when turning off the user created fan curve the default manufacturer's curve profile is automatically reinstated.

if temps have just gotten higher since re-pasting, than it is caused by either the paste being less efficient or an error in applying it.
you can try a better type and\or a better method of applying.

maybe contact Saphire and see if they would send a new thermal pad.
though you have breached the warranty by doing this, sometimes manufacturers are still pretty cool about these situations.

Reactions: el_shekoo7

el_shekoo7

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
when turning off the user created fan curve the default manufacturer's curve profile is automatically reinstated.

if temps have just gotten higher since re-pasting, than it is caused by either the paste being less efficient or an error in applying it.
you can try a better type and\or a better method of applying.

maybe contact Saphire and see if they would send a new thermal pad.
though you have breached the warranty by doing this, sometimes manufacturers are still pretty cool about these situations.

well, I re-applied it like 3 times with the same results (same paste) is there a better method than a medium-dot one to try? if this is a bad paste, what other brands I could use with better efficiency (maybe arctic mx is better?)? also changed thermal pads with old card ones I had in fact I'm thinking of using the older ones again (i think it's a bit thicker).

TRENDING THREADS