Question GPU idle temp higher than usual out of no where.

Dec 10, 2021
Usually in idle I get around 32-33 degrees celsius but recently it's been getting to as high as 40 degrees even when my room is cold. I've trying rolling back my nvidia drivers but that hasn't done anything. I recently got a new headset and had to download Realtek audio drivers because one of the headsets that I had bought were not working, Idk how that would correlate with idle temps but still. I deleted an app called lively wallpaper but it only decreased my idle temps a little bit but they are still higher than they used to be, being only about a week ago. I haven't cleaned out my computer but if that were the problem I would only expect a degree or two increase instead of 7 to 8. I have an RTX 3070 if that helps. Any help would be appreciated.

Usually in idle I get around 32-33 degrees celsius but recently it's been getting to as high as 40 degrees even when my room is cold. I've trying rolling back my nvidia drivers but that hasn't done anything. I recently got a new headset and had to download Realtek audio drivers because one of the headsets that I had bought were not working, Idk how that would correlate with idle temps but still. I deleted an app called lively wallpaper but it only decreased my idle temps a little bit but they are still higher than they used to be, being only about a week ago. I haven't cleaned out my computer but if that were the problem I would only expect a degree or two increase instead of 7 to 8. I have an RTX 3070 if that helps. Any help would be appreciated.

Are monitoring GPU load as well? How do you know the GPU is truly idle?
Either way, 40C at idle is nothing to worry about, especially if your GPU turns the fans off at idle.
If you want to actually troubleshoot this, you need to track GPU temp and log it with the corresponding GPU load. Considering ambient temp in your room would also be important.