[SOLVED] GPU is very unstable when XMP is on.

JZ113

Prominent
Jan 19, 2021
My 1080 becomes unstable when the ram xmp is on. It freezes, black screens and sometimes reboots the system. I have tried using a different set of ram and the same problem occurs. The Gpu also works perfectly fine in a different pc/system. Thanks!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Graphics card has nothing to do with system ram. It's more than likely ram speed itself isn't stable thus causing instability.

Whats the rest of your system specs?

Cpu:
Motherboard:
Ram: Slots used:
Psu:

Have you updated Bios to the latest version?

What ram speed are you trying to set with XMP? If XMP requires higher dram voltage, did you check Bios it was set correctly?

JZ113

Prominent
Jan 19, 2021
Graphics card has nothing to do with system ram. It's more than likely ram speed itself isn't stable thus causing instability.

Whats the rest of your system specs?

Cpu:
Motherboard:
Ram: Slots used:
Psu:

Have you updated Bios to the latest version?

What ram speed are you trying to set with XMP? If XMP requires higher dram voltage, did you check Bios it was set correctly?
The full system is
cpu:i7 8700K
mb:Z390-UD
Ram: slots 2 and 4. Ram itself is hyperx fury 3600Mhz
PSU: 650W MasterWatt 80+ Bronze

check your bios revision? there's at least one update related to RAM stability. 1.404 seems to be higher than listed for QVL listed for the motherboard so it may be the bios is miscalculating to correct XMP value. you may just want to set timings / voltage on the RAM manually.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
My 1080 becomes unstable when the ram xmp is on. It freezes, black screens and sometimes reboots the system. I have tried using a different set of ram and the same problem occurs. The Gpu also works perfectly fine in a different pc/system. Thanks!
It's not a problem with your video card your memory is not stable @ 3600.
Manually set the timings, speed, and voltage, but set it to 3200 instead of 3600.

TRENDING THREADS