Question Gpu issue?

Sep 27, 2024
I was having this issue with my pc. Issue.
Someone suggested to remove my gpu and a stick of ram, once I did that my pc ran fine and the person said my gpu must have a shorted mosfet. I swapped my gpu twice now and now I keep getting my display going into power save mode. Can anyone else give me an idea to what the issue might be?Specs

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Someone suggested to remove my gpu and a stick of ram, once I did that my pc ran fine and the person said my gpu must have a shorted mosfet.
If your platform is running fine without the discrete GPU, then either the GPU's drawing power the PSU is incapable of delivering or there's a short on the GPU. A bad quality PSU can also nuke your hardware.

Sep 27, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Someone suggested to remove my gpu and a stick of ram, once I did that my pc ran fine and the person said my gpu must have a shorted mosfet.
If your platform is running fine without the discrete GPU, then either the GPU's drawing power the PSU is incapable of delivering or there's a short on the GPU. A bad quality PSU can also nuke your hardware.
Everything was fine before hand there was no warning or nothing then the next day I go to turn it on and that's when everything happened. I guess I will order a new PSU and see of that changes anything .