GPU keeps crashing on load, performance test, and games

TheMine98

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
Hello,
I started having this problem when my gpu fans go full speed and my display goes black when i tried to use GUI miner for bitcoin, it instantly made my gpu crazy, fans went 100% speed, screen went black so i restarted my computer and deleted the program, then i proceeded to play games, (COD WAW, CS:GO) the same thing happened, my gpu went full speed screen went black, but the pc was still running, i removed the gpu and put it back in the pc everything went fine for a day, then when i try to play csgo , after a couple hours the same thing has happened. Any solutions? I also tried driver upgrade, same thing.
Specs:
Stock GTX 770 Bought used 1-2 weeks ago (worked fine for the first week, problems occured just these 2 days)
1x Adata 240GB SSD
1x WD 1TB 7200RPM HDD
1x Seagate 1TB old hdd, used incase of backup
i5 4690k
16gb DDR3 Ram (2x Pny 1866MHZ, 2X random 1333MHZ , all downclocked to 1333MHZ)
MSI z97 gaming 5 (intel stock cooler) no oc
EVga 850w G2
Gpu temps on idle is 44 degrees, but i live in a hot country, so i'm guessing its fine. everytime i try

EDIT: IM RETARDED, I DIDNT PUT THE POWER CORDS IN CORRECTLY, THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP.

Jwpanz

Honorable

It doesn't sound like it. If your fans are spinning then that shouldn't be a problem. It sounds like your card has some faulty sensors or the physical GPU is dead. If you have another card on hand then I would swap it out and see what happens. Try to isolate the card as the issue. If you have a buddy then see if it works in his system. If not then you have a dead card.

Jwpanz

Honorable
You could try to have it repaired if it's still under warranty. I would contact the person I bought it from and see if they have any documentation left over for it or even if they could refund you for selling you a lemon. If they won't honor it then you could resort to selling it for parts and list it as broken to try and make up what you lost.
As I mentioned before, make absolutely sure the card is dead by plopping it into a different computer and see what happens.