Question What voltages should I use to get stable EXPO on my DDR5-6000 memory?

nasirfoxx5

Reputable
Jul 31, 2019
My specs are:
- Ryzsn 5 8600G
- Gigabyte A620I AX (BIOS ver. F31b)
- TeamGroup T-Create Expert Overclocking White DDR5-6000 CL30 (the box states it's compatible with XMP AND EXPO so I assume it's good)
- Seasonic GM-550 550W PSU

When enabling EXPO profile 1 (or XMP, idk the difference between each option) in the BIOS, I get stability issues (really only noticeable with my iGPU) even when fiddling with my RAM voltages (tried SoC with 1.15V/1.105V/1.2V, VDDIO//VDD/VDDQ 1.2V/1.350V/1/370V). When I ran MemTest86 with EXPO and Auto voltages, I got 12 errors, but with EXPO off, it passed (and completely stable there). Haven't tested EXPO with my own voltages yet because I assume it'll just fail since I'm still getting stability issues.
I'm wondering what exact voltages should I set on my RAM to get the most stability? Been trying different combinations for days now. Feels annoying not being able to utilize the speeds I paid for..

Ralston18

Titan
The "exact voltage" is likely to vary.

Start with a voltage that is stable.

Increase the voltage in small pre-planned methodical increments.

At some voltage, as I understand your post, the system becomes unstable.

Roll back to the previous voltage. That voltage should be the "exact" voltage.

That said:

Explain more about the "speeds I paid for.."

What speeds did you pay for and what speeds are you getting?

Quantify.

And how are speeds being measured?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
My specs are:
- Ryzsn 5 8600G
- Gigabyte A620I AX (BIOS ver. F31b)
- TeamGroup T-Create Expert Overclocking White DDR5-6000 CL30 (the box states it's compatible with XMP AND EXPO so I assume it's good)
- Seasonic GM-550 550W PSU

When enabling EXPO profile 1 (or XMP, idk the difference between each option) in the BIOS, I get stability issues (really only noticeable with my iGPU) even when fiddling with my RAM voltages (tried SoC with 1.15V/1.105V/1.2V, VDDIO//VDD/VDDQ 1.2V/1.350V/1/370V). When I ran MemTest86 with EXPO and Auto voltages, I got 12 errors, but with EXPO off, it passed (and completely stable there). Haven't tested EXPO with my own voltages yet because I assume it'll just fail since I'm still getting stability issues.
I'm wondering what exact voltages should I set on my RAM to get the most stability? Been trying different combinations for days now. Feels annoying not being able to utilize the speeds I paid for..
never assume!
is your memory on the support list? (exact model number)
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/A620I-AX-rev-10/support#support-memsup

nasirfoxx5

Reputable
Jul 31, 2019
The "exact voltage" is likely to vary.

Start with a voltage that is stable.

Increase the voltage in small pre-planned methodical increments.

At some voltage, as I understand your post, the system becomes unstable.

Roll back to the previous voltage. That voltage should be the "exact" voltage.

That said:

Explain more about the "speeds I paid for.."

What speeds did you pay for and what speeds are you getting?

Quantify.

And how are speeds being measured?
So far none of the voltages I've tried (even Auto, the default) has been stable.

As for the "speeds I paid for", I paid for stable 6000Mhz, that is not what I'm getting!
Speeds are measured by the games I've been testing. They were faster on 6000, but my iGPU starts flickering a bit, so not stable obviously.