GPU LIMIT Message with MSI Afterburner

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gerardojuego_13

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
Good morning i have problem with my GPU or PSU and i cannot identify which one is. As soon as i open the FFXV Benchmark tool, i get a GPU LIMIT message from MSI Afterburner, and my PC shutdowns. This happened to me with the PC version of Vanquish, but i capped the game to 60FPS and now is all good

What could it be? this is my setup

1 x GIGABYTE GA-B250M-DS3H (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel B250 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Pentium G4600 KabLake Dual-Core 3.6 GHz LGA 1151 51W BX80677G4600 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics ..
1 x ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Phoenix Fan Edition VR Ready HDMI DP DVI Graphics Card (PH-GTX1060-3G)
1 x CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Desktop Memory Model CMK8GX4M1A2400C16

gerardojuego_13

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018

Yeah haha i've asking on different forums and everyone says to me that it has to be the PSU, but how could it be? we tried the same PSU into his PC and it didn't shut down, and yeah i tried a different PCIE cable but is wired into the same cable

gerardojuego_13

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
So i tried running AIDA64 stability test and i got this message:

"The windows video driver Timeout detection and recovery delay (TdrDelay) value is configured too low. It may cause the video driver to be reset while running the AIDA64 System Stability Test.

Do you want AIDA64 to fix this issue for you now"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything went fine with the stability test, but as soon as i hit the FFXV benchmark tool...shutdown again

Everything went fine with the stability test, but as soon as i hit the FFXV benchmark tool...shutdown again.

I have issues with high demanding games (Arkham Knight as soon as i hit the batmobile and with the FFXV benchmark tool, haven't tried anymore games.While gaming my GPU hits around 75c, nothing more than that. I have all my cables good connected, i tried numerous times.

3.3V - 3.42v while running the aida 64 stability test
5.100v while running the stress
12v - 12.456v while running the test

I already tested the stability test for the CPU and system memory, nothing wrong there. Also the GPU while being stressed with AIDA64 hits around 65c, and still doesnt shutdown

gerardojuego_13

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
I havent tried any remove tool, just the normal "clean" installation that the nvidia drivers provide. This is getting weirder. I managed to complete 3D furmark stress test. I also managed to run 3D Furmark for almost 30 minutes (i never was able to do this before). I also stressed both CPU, GPU, and Memory system with AIDA64, nothing wrong either:

8P4G63C.jpg

S8alYVf.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe is MSI afterburner itself? I don't know

gerardojuego_13

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
So i tried running 3 different stressing GPU tool for around 20 minutes each. My PC didnt shutdown at all:

aOxMVAf.jpg

G0wUmhj.jpg

Dt4Ifol.jpg

Then i restarted my PC and tested all again. Not shutdowns at all. I didn't used MSI Afterburner at all the entire times that i was using the stress tools. At this moment im running Stability test from AIDA64 for 2-3 hours and see if something fails.

I'm running AIDA64 Stability test for a longer period of time, to see if something happens. According to this, it seems like is not my hardware at all. Maybe is the game? FurMark didnt shutdown my PC either for 30 minutes straight during the stress test.

gerardojuego_13

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
Tried the FFXV benchmark and Batman AK along with Valley Benchmark. PC shutdowns again. I runned 4 different GPU stress tool benchmarks for almost 30 minutes straight and nothing happened with my PC.

Im starting to believe this is drivers related

Can you look up event viewer, windows-> application logs, look up for errors going for nvidia.
Seems like driver issue as always....
Found similar post of issue as you https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4udyps/gtx_1080_ftw_crashing_in_shadow_of_mordor/
Start up Nvidia Control Panel go to Manage 3D settings and in upper right select restore defaults, after that in that window select power managment to maximum,
On Configure surround, Physx select your GPU.
Try without tesselation to play,
If you still have original CD of GPU install these and try.

gerardojuego_13

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
i did that. in fact i tried a clean installation of the nvidia drivers, unistalled any benchmark tool, etc etc. And...Shutdown while playing both Batman and the FFXV Benchmark.

This is just weird. Why my PC doesnt shutdown with stressing tools like those, not for high GPU LOAD, not for anything except the tesselation stress tool and those games? Why is that happening and what should i do or which component is not working properly?

Windows Event Viewer doesnt say anything wrong, at all.

gerardojuego_13

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018

Tried this...shutdown with the FFXV benchmark tool