[SOLVED] GPU Memory Overheating - Aftermarket Cooler Suggestions

Aug 9, 2022
Hi,
I originally made this post because I was having issues where my PC just happened to restart randomly while playing a game. I thought it was caused by mismatch RAM due to the timing of the issues. However, the problem persisted and I think I have found the actual cause to be the temperature limit of my GPU being hit. This was set at 83c by default. I changed it to the max of 91c currently, but wish to fix the heating issue. My GPU is ASUS TUF GAMING GEFORCE RTX 3080 OC 10GB GDDR6X and am looking for guidance on how to proceed.

This doesn't seem to be a fan issue. All my fans are working properly and are at 88-100% at current temperatures.

Here are the temps GPU-Z show. A game is started, but I'm just idling.
PMCaaKk.png

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you,
Kasey

Solution
Hi,
I originally made this post because I was having issues where my PC just happened to restart randomly while playing a game. I thought it was caused by mismatch RAM due to the timing of the issues. However, the problem persisted and I think I have found the actual cause to be the temperature limit of my GPU being hit. This was set at 83c by default. I changed it to the max of 91c currently, but wish to fix the heating issue. My GPU is ASUS TUF GAMING GEFORCE RTX 3080 OC 10GB GDDR6X and am looking for guidance on how to proceed.

This doesn't seem to be a fan issue. All my fans are working properly and are at 88-100% at current temperatures.

Here are the temps GPU-Z show. A game is started, but I'm just idling...
Hi,

Here are the temps GPU-Z show. A game is started, but I'm just idling.
PMCaaKk.png

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you,
Kasey
These are normal temps for a GPU under stress... It's when it gets to 95c+ in the memory you should worry

Solution