Question GPU Memory Testing!

darezi

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
Could someone help me to set up a bootable USB with Nvidia MODS? I tried to search here on the forum but I had no luck in finding it...
My GPU has an issue and before it happened the FurMark, Cinebench, and MSI Kombustor didn't show any issues with the card!
I found MODS with some explanation on how to set it to boot on start and I tried with both FreeDos or Easy2Boot and couldn't make it start.
I would appreciate it if someone could give me steps for dummies on how to do this because both of these prior with their instructions didn't work.

UPDATE:

5800x
Kingston Fury Beast ddr4 32GB 2x16GB kit 3600MHz
Asus ROG STRIX B550-E Gaming
Gigabyte GTX 760 2Gb WindForce 3X OC
Seasonic GM-750 G12
27" BenQ BL2780B - two 1080p monitors
Windows 10 Pro
Didn't have enough money to buy a new GPU when I was buying the components.

The issue started last month with only these two games, Warframe and Once Human. At first, sometimes the system would freeze and crash the game, but in the last week before the GPU went faulty the crash was happening almost every time with the exception of being able to play for 2 to 3 hours before starting to constantly crash again. Warframe will just freeze and crash, and Once Human will show every time a message regarding "UniCrashReporter.exe". Sometimes PC restarts and sometimes I have to manually restart it.
The issue was the screens froze with the picture or black screen, sometimes showing green or purple rectangles. When running all mentioned programs for benchmarking, no issues were shown.
10 days ago the screens froze, after 10, 15 seconds the picture came back in 720p with Nvidia control panel gone and not being able to open it, GPU graph missing in Task Manager.
GPU-Z is not showing BUS Width, Bandwith, and Memory Size, not reading clocks in real time, in Sensors tab no GPU and Memory clock are shown only zero, only temperature and how much is system memory being used.
In Device Manager when the driver is installed it shows Nvidia GeForce 760 yellow triangle and not a full name.
The card is still in use but only works in 720p and the signal only goes to one monitor. It's like it become an integrated GPU...

I know that the card is probably gone. I just want to see what exactly died.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
My first thought being that the PSU may be beginning to falter and fail.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age?

Varying errors and increasing numbers of errors would make the PSU suspect.

= = = =

Look in Reliability History/Monitor.

Are there any error codes, warnings, or even informational events being captured?

Open the Reliability History/Monitor window and expand so all can be seen. Select a day or a couple of days that show multiple problems.

Especially of those days when the problems first appeared.

Take a screenshot or screenshots if necessary and post the screenshots here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

darezi

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
My first thought being that the PSU may be beginning to falter and fail.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age?

Varying errors and increasing numbers of errors would make the PSU suspect.

= = = =

Look in Reliability History/Monitor.

Are there any error codes, warnings, or even informational events being captured?

Open the Reliability History/Monitor window and expand so all can be seen. Select a day or a couple of days that show multiple problems.

Especially of those days when the problems first appeared.

Take a screenshot or screenshots if necessary and post the screenshots here via imgur (www.imgur.com).
The PSU was bought in January.
I forgot to mention that I reinstalled the Windows to see if it was an issue with Windows and that is why logs only show from the 18th of this month.
In the last picture that is showing today's day, I tried a few times to start Nvidia control panel.

View: https://imgur.com/a/fJkVia1

Ralston18

Titan
Nicely done.

It all seems to have started with a Failed Windows Update and other similar failures.

Maybe a corrupted or buggy file via the Windows Store.

You may be able to find out more by looking at the technical details which may or may not be helpful via any captured error codes.

Look in Update History also - that may provide some additional clues.

Improper shutdowns can and do cause further problems via file corruption.

Overall though you may be able to fix things to some extent via "dism" and "sfc /scannow".

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

However, before doing anything ensure that all important data is backed up at least 2 x to locations away from the problem system. Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.

First objective is to get the system stable. Second objective will be to determine what caused the instability and then, as necessary, find a fix for that.

Hopefully just a clean download or install.

darezi

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
This issue happened before I reinstalled Windows. I reinstalled it hoping it was a Windows corrupt file but the problem was the same after the new installation!
I know already for those commands and I have tried but with no success.

I'll reinstall the windows again just to make sure...

Also, I don't think that issue with windows update would have anything to do with the issues that my GPU has!

Last edited: