gpu & monitor upgrade

xn0ydis

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
hello,
about a year ago i set up my pc and i choosed the palit gtx 770 jetstream 4gb (480 euro)plus a LG 3d monitor 1920 x 1080 (540 euro). After one year using these i m really jealous of 4k monitors and im thinking of upgrading. Do you think getting a 4k monitor will be just fine or i should upgrade my gpu too ? is it worth selling these 2 to get 4k monitor plus 900 series gtx?
filip.

Solution
4k is overrated for now..

present gpus are not good at 4k gaming in single mode.. and sli/crossfire are ineffecient

practical media is streamed and delivered in 1080p hence 4k will be a waste of pixels..

wait for 4k to become mainstream.. maybe in 2 years it will

untill then just wait it out

SproutSchon

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
4K gaming is not there yet, at least in a cost effective fashion.
If you want to go down that road anyway, I would suggest getting at least SLI GTX970 2-way.
So add the cost of the monitor and yeah that's a pretty huge upgrade.
Let alone that your config is great for 1080p gaming.

xn0ydis

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
well,now i consider buying this monitor as a huge mistake ,since i was looking forward to playing games in 3d function and it never came, as far as i am concerned at least. I dont wanna go for such a waste again so maybe i should wait for 4k monitors become afordable. thank you for your response friend.

SproutSchon

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
Sure no problem.
You should also wait for more capable GPUs.

Maybe you can try to go 1440p. But once again, if you desire 60fps on ultra you might have to integrate 2 discrete GPUs.
But once again, your main problem is your current config is too good (if that can be a problem ^^) to see an improvement worth your investment.

4k is overrated for now..

present gpus are not good at 4k gaming in single mode.. and sli/crossfire are ineffecient

practical media is streamed and delivered in 1080p hence 4k will be a waste of pixels..

wait for 4k to become mainstream.. maybe in 2 years it will

untill then just wait it out

Solution