[SOLVED] GPU no signal to monitor (Rx 570) HELP!

teekay819

Reputable
Apr 8, 2016
Alright so I've been using i5 3570k 16gb ddr3 ram 500w psu and a GTX960 2gb (gigabyte ga-z77x-d3h motherboard) for the last 2-3 years.
my friend bought a new graphics card so he gave me his functioning rx 570 4gb.
I turned the power off and the PSU switch off and took out the old GPU and slotted in rx 570 and connected pci-e 6 pin. Now when I booted up the pc, theres a 1 long beep and 2 short beeps and hear the windows logging in sound from headset but no display. I searched the beep codes and 1 long beep and 2 short beeps means its a graphics card.
Now I searched online forums and they suggest to check my bios to see if its a legacy or uefi and try updating bios (I didn't update for the last 3 years..) so I connect dvi-d to my motherboard to use the intel hd 4000 and it shows no display.. and the same beeps occur. Now I have no working display...As of right now I am trying to plug out cables from the wall, plug out psu and leave it for 5 min. Restart cmos battery as well and try to see if I get display back. Has anyone had similar problems like this occur when placing new graphics card?

Remeca

Reputable
Which RX 570? If you don't know, the model will be on the SKU sticker usually on the motherboard side of the shroud.

Edit: also, try resetting the bios by unplugging the power, and removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard for 30 seconds and see if that fixes your onboard gpu.

teekay819

Reputable
Apr 8, 2016
Which RX 570? If you don't know, the model will be on the SKU sticker usually on the motherboard side of the shroud.

Edit: also, try resetting the bios by unplugging the power, and removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard for 30 seconds and see if that fixes your onboard gpu.
TY for fast reply!!
its the dell OEM reference model with 6 pin!
I took out the cables from the wall and restarted cmos battery and still no signal but the beeps are gone!!
I am trying to update bios next and try to see if my bios is legacy mode or uefi..(im no familiar at bios stuff...) is there something I can switch in bios settings to try?

Remeca

Reputable
It looks like that mobo has dual UEFI bios, might be worth looking into how to switch between them. Also, this rules out any legacy bios incompatibility. Did you take out the 570 when you are trying to boot up with onboard? Your motherboard says it supports on the fly switching, but I assume you need to configure that in the Bios first. If that doesn't work, it could be your PSU can't provide enough power through the 6 pin. My 570 has an 8 and a 6 pin, some have just the 8, yours is the first I've heard of with only 6 pin. If possible, also try with another PSU. What brand and model is your PSU?

teekay819

Reputable
Apr 8, 2016
It looks like that mobo has dual UEFI bios, might be worth looking into how to switch between them. Also, this rules out any legacy bios incompatibility. Did you take out the 570 when you are trying to boot up with onboard? Your motherboard says it supports on the fly switching, but I assume you need to configure that in the Bios first. If that doesn't work, it could be your PSU can't provide enough power through the 6 pin. My 570 has an 8 and a 6 pin, some have just the 8, yours is the first I've heard of with only 6 pin. If possible, also try with another PSU. What brand and model is your PSU?
TY for your reply. PSU is seasonic g650w. So yeah the beeps are gone after I restarted cmos battery and no more beeps after that.
I was uing built in hd 4000 to boot up to windows and I tried uninstalling nvidia drivers and switched back to rx 570 and it showed display!!!! so I turned the pc off and close the case and sat up the desktop again.
and It won't show display again..at this point I am not sure if its bios or I should try restarting cmos battery again LOL...idk whats happening.

teekay819

Reputable
Apr 8, 2016
PSU should be plenty for the 570. So since it worked once, maybe it is a software issue. Try booting up with the Intel hd 4000, use DDU to remove all the GPU drivers, and then shut down and try the 570 again.
TY for fast reply, ok so IT IS DUAL BIOS as you stated, but I am not sure if something about dual bios is messing with rx 570 or not.. I restarted cmos battery again to get the signal from hd 4000 and enter bios settings. Boot options were default set on "UEFI and Legacy"
I tried changing it to UEFI only and it would not boot at all. So I restarted cmos battery again.. and I did not touch Bios settings this time, since I have no idea what I am looking at. Will try to see if there are any nvidia driver folders left.