[SOLVED] GPU noise after gaming

thiagoh92

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017
Everytime I start a game, it doesn't matter if I played for 1 hour or 10 seconds, and exits my GPU makes this noise and only stop if turn off/restart my PC.

Sorry for the low volume, this is my PC in idle after I played a game for about 1min and this only stop after turning it off:

Not sure if it helps but If raise my gpu default fan speed(37%) to ~50% the noise decreases

Anyone knows how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Zotac GTX 1080 mini 8GB
Intel i7 8700
Patriot Viper Steel 2x8GB
Asus H370-A
Corsair 2018 RMX650 Gold+

Again sorry for the low volume, in my iPhone it's super clear and loud, you may need to use earphones to hear it... same fan speed, before and after logging off

Last edited:
Solution
Well... I just figure it out that the noise comes from the fan.. I thought it had to do with coil whine or something like that.
If increase the fan speed and then set it to idle again the noise starts the lower its rpm the louder it gets.

That's why i told you to see if there was anything hitting the fan, coil whine doens't make that sound. You may need to take it apart and see if there's something inside the fan, looks like the fan is hitting your gpu sink, you could also try to disable that noctua fan below it,
theoretically it could push your fan upwards thus making it hit your gpu sink, once you speed up the fans, the air pressure hitting the sink will push it down, decreasing the noise.

Sagittariusss

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
Also, the noise doens't seem to stop after restarting, it just decreases, and the only reason why it may eventually stop is because your fans stop spinning as soon as the gpu reaches a low temperature.

That noctua fan below it may have throw something into the gpu fan.

thiagoh92

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017
Also, the noise doens't seem to stop after restarting, it just decreases, and the only reason why it may eventually stop is because your fans stop spinning as soon as the gpu reaches a low temperature.

That noctua fan below it may have throw something into the gpu fan.

There's nothing hitting the fan, also the noise never stops unless I turn my pc off, just update the main post with another video showing the fan speed, for some reason the audio from youtube is very low I had to used my earphones to hear it.

Sagittariusss

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
Have you downloaded Zotac's firestorm? did you also checked for any firmware updates? is the noise there even when the fans stop? Could your GPU may have bent overtime? is it well fixed on your case? Did you ever OC it? is there any set configuration on how the fans should work? could you leave them on automatic?

thiagoh92

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017
Have you downloaded Zotac's firestorm? did you also checked for any firmware updates? is the noise there even when the fans stop? Could your GPU may have bent overtime? is it well fixed on your case? Did you ever OC it? is there any set configuration on how the fans should work? could you leave them on automatic?
Never downloaded Zotac’s firestorm or checked for firmware, will look as soon as I can.

The lowest fan speed is 37% in Afterburner, default/automatic idle speed is 40%, and the noise is the same in custom or auto fan.
I’m using custom fan, just dropped the lowest speed from 40 to 37%.
Haven’t tried other software.
And never OC.

It is not bent, atleast it looks fine to me, and it is well fixed.

By the way, thank you very much for trying to help, I will look for firmware updates.

thiagoh92

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017
Well... I just figure it out that the noise comes from the fan.. I thought it had to do with coil whine or something like that.
If increase the fan speed and then set it to idle again the noise starts the lower its rpm the louder it gets.

Sagittariusss

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017

That's why i told you to see if there was anything hitting the fan, coil whine doens't make that sound. You may need to take it apart and see if there's something inside the fan, looks like the fan is hitting your gpu sink, you could also try to disable that noctua fan below it,
theoretically it could push your fan upwards thus making it hit your gpu sink, once you speed up the fans, the air pressure hitting the sink will push it down, decreasing the noise.

Reactions: thiagoh92
Solution

thiagoh92

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017

hey, thanks for your help, I fixed by removing both fan, cleaned it and reinstalled, it is now silence as it should be!

Reactions: Sagittariusss