[SOLVED] GPU not appearing on device manager eventhough inserted

shiftup800

Commendable
Jul 8, 2018
I connected a Nvidia Gt710 pcie 16x 2.0 to my pcie x16 3.0 motherboard

once I boot up, device manager says I'm using Microsoft basic display driver and there's no driver for my gt710

I tried installing driver from the nvidia website but it says no hardware was found?

Solution
If your monitor is connected to the GPU, then the basic VGA driver is driving the GPU, which means the GPU does have data and power connections along with the core functionality required for basic VGA output.

If drivers won't recognize the card and the card isn't showing up in DM, it could be a corrupt device ID - still registers as a display device that generic VGA drivers can handle but fails to provide the remainder of ID required for device-specific drivers.

InvalidError

Titan
If your monitor is connected to the GPU, then the basic VGA driver is driving the GPU, which means the GPU does have data and power connections along with the core functionality required for basic VGA output.

If drivers won't recognize the card and the card isn't showing up in DM, it could be a corrupt device ID - still registers as a display device that generic VGA drivers can handle but fails to provide the remainder of ID required for device-specific drivers.

Reactions: prateek320i
Solution