Question GPU not detected from Bios and Windows only at the firs Pc power On

Aug 2, 2023
Hi guys,

i buy a t15g with intel Xeon , 32 Gb ram , 1 Tb SSD and Nvidia 2070 Super MaxQ refurbished from Lenovo, a very good machine but i have an issue...

At first windows start (With battery or Ac connected no difference) the Nvidia don't work and in windows device manager is flagged with error code 43.

I do all the new driver installation , from Invidia, from Lenovo ,etc new bios for the Nvidia but nothing.

If i do a restart after the first windows start, the Nvidia works great game, cad design etc.

If i turn off the laptop and immediatly re-start the Nvidia works

If i turn off the laptop for more than 3/4 minutes and i re-start the Nvidia don't work.

I do a test in the Bios, i set the graphics mode from hybrid (intel and Nvidia) to Discrete (only Nvidia Gpu).

The first laptop start the Bios do the beep sound as no Gpu recognized and black screen . At this time i turn off the device with the power button and restart, all is Ok , no beep sound from the Bios and Windows run only in the Nvidia GPU very fast and with less battery drain compared to the Intel UHD.

If i restart the laptop, all is ok and the Nvidia GPU work but if i turn off the laptop and restart it after 3/4 minutes, Black screen Bios Beep sound for a non recognized GPU.

I try to use the Bios start in normal mode (not fast mode), i try to change the power management in the bios to Maximize performance instead of battery optimal but this issue is still present

When after restart the laptop the Gpu working, i can play games (Flight Simulator 2020, Call of Duty adn other) at ultra level graphics setting for hours without issue...

Anyone have advice about solve this issue?

Aug 2, 2023
@Lutfij , yes error 43 but it's not only a windows issue because if a set in the Bios the graphics mode from hybrid to discrete (only nvidia gpu), at first laptop start the bios to the 3 beep and black screen. I shut off the laptop with the power button and restart immediatly with power button, the bios detect the Gpu nvidia and it work in windows withput error 43.
i do a gpu-z when at first laptop start the nvidia isn't detect and windows flag it at error 43

and this when the gpu is working after a laptop restart