[SOLVED] Gpu not going into pci-e slot

MagBoi

Reputable
Dec 12, 2019
So I Have a asus b450 strix mobo, with h510i and rtx 2080 super windforce (full build here https://dk.pcpartpicker.com/list/K9tNCL) and when I was trying to fit the gpu in, it just wouldn't. The 2 covers on the side for the top pci-e slots, are removed, so that's not the reason. Will the components just not fit? Or am I just missing something, thanks in advance, I'm kinda stressed out ngl.

Solution
Loosen the small screws that hold the metal outside end of the GPU so that it will move around a little, sometimes they are just not quite right and makes the PCIe connector unable to fit into the slot.

MagBoi

Reputable
Dec 12, 2019
Loosen the small screws that hold the metal outside end of the GPU so that it will move around a little, sometimes they are just not quite right and makes the PCIe connector unable to fit into the slot.

Thank you, ended up having to screw the bracket off completely, and then screw the bracket on the back by itself, and then put the gpu in and screw the bracket on again, but it ended up working, so thank you! Well the PC didn't end up posting, but the gpu got installed at least

RealBeast

Titan
Thank you, ended up having to screw the bracket off completely, and then screw the bracket on the back by itself, and then put the gpu in and screw the bracket on again, but it ended up working, so thank you! Well the PC didn't end up posting, but the gpu got installed at least
That seems to be pretty common with GPUs, network cards, and other specialty cards like 10Gbps SFP+ cards in my experience.