[SOLVED] GPU not outputting anything

RearMisser

Prominent
May 16, 2020
I have an ASUS STRIX RX 560 that does not output anything. I've tried another GPU and the PC works just fine. The 560 slowly flashes a red logo and does nothing else. No fan spin, no heat, nothing. I've tried a PC with integrated graphics and the GPU does not show up as a device in Windows. It does not seem to be detected at all.

I've been able to replicate this exact behavior with my working GPU by resetting the CMOS and turning the PC on without plugging in the monitor. Though I made sure the 560 was plugged firmly into my monitor. Any clues as to what is happening?
bHvsyHn.jpeg

Solution
If you had to guess, what issue do you think the GPU has? There's this connector on the GPU that serves as an extra case fan connector, if I plug in a case fan into it the case fan spins for a little bit but then stops quickly.

I also forgot to mention that the LED is white when first powered on but then quickly turns red, this is also in sync with the case fan connector I mentioned.
Sounds like the PSU goes into protection... likely a shot MOSFET

RearMisser

Prominent
May 16, 2020
When there is no issue, even w/o display connected, it should show as pcie device with a valid descriptor. If it does not - it is bad. How bad? - it is not software problem…
If you had to guess, what issue do you think the GPU has? There's this connector on the GPU that serves as an extra case fan connector, if I plug in a case fan into it the case fan spins for a little bit but then stops quickly.

I also forgot to mention that the LED is white when first powered on but then quickly turns red, this is also in sync with the case fan connector I mentioned.

Sounds like the PSU goes into protection... likely a shot MOSFET

Solution