[SOLVED] GPU not recognized by motherboard on start up.

Feb 7, 2019
I recently bought an RTX 2080 and installed it into my system. It works great, performs amazingly, and I'm very happy with my purchase. The only issue is that when my PC comes out of sleep, or is powered on, my motherboard doesn't recognize that the card is plugged in. It is receiving power, lighting up, fans spinning all that. It even gives a signal to my monitor, although it's a black screen. But the LED debug area on my motherboard shows that it isn't recognizing the GPU. Currently I'm able to "fix" the issue by re-seating the gpu and turning the system on, which leads me to believe it may be an issue with my physical pcie lane. The GPU is recognized in device manager and there is literally zero indication that there is an issue except for when I turn on the system or wake it up. I've updated/replaced all drivers and I updated the BIOS to the most recent version, and it hasn't fixed the issue. Anyone have any ideas? Buying a new board is my absolute last resort and I'd definitely prefer that I don't have to do that.
Specs:
CPU: i5 7600k
Motherboard (I know): MSI H270 Gaming M3
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 Black
PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 620w Bronze