Question GPU not sending signal to monitor.

Nov 10, 2023
Hello!

Current Specs
Mobo - MSI Z790 Gaming Pro Wifi
GPU - Gigabyte AERO OC 24gb 4090
CPU - 13900

I built this yesterday and everything was going good until the display boot up. With the GPU installed, and a HDMI and or a DP cable connected to monitor there is no connection between the two. I tried without a GPU and am able to get to the BIOS .

I have tried reseating the RAM, the GPU, and tried reconnecting the power plugs for the GPU. It shows power going through it indicated by the LED's. Im thinking maybe it's a motherboard problem or GPU. The bios when I got there showed everything seeming to be in good order.

Also there is a LED troubleshooting thing on the mobo and there is no red lights

I would appreciate anything

Last edited:

arcadezyra

Reputable
Jan 6, 2019
figured i'd ask but when it worked with integrated graphics did you check the bios settings to see what it was set to? should be in settings>advanced>integrated graphics configuration. should be set to PEG for graphics cards

Nov 10, 2023
figured i'd ask but when it worked with integrated graphics did you check the bios settings to see what it was set to? should be in settings>advanced>integrated graphics configuration. should be set to PEG for graphics cards
It is on PEG, I am currently writing this message on said PC but using integrated graphics.

I took apart the whole PC and put it back together, and the problem persist.

Nov 10, 2023
Update to post: I tried installing NVIDIA Geforce experience and it said there is no nvidia GPU detected.

Im thinking the GPU is dead somehow then

TRENDING THREADS