Oct 14, 2017
So I just built a new computer.
MSI Z390 A Pro
I5 9600k
EVGA GTX 1660S
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 (1x8)
WD Black SN750 500gb
Apevia X-Harmony Mid Tower

On my first benchmark from PC UserBenchmark it failed to bench my GPU. I downloaded CPU-Z and all it tells me under the Graphics section is "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" and "EVGA corp" the rest of the fields are blank.

My monitor is plugged into my GPU, not the motherboard display and it displays fine on my monitor, so why is the GPU not registering on any analysis software?

Aero_X

Reputable
Jun 12, 2016
So I just built a new computer.
MSI Z390 A Pro
I5 9600k
EVGA GTX 1660S
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 (1x8)
WD Black SN750 500gb
Apevia X-Harmony Mid Tower

On my first benchmark from PC UserBenchmark it failed to bench my GPU. I downloaded CPU-Z and all it tells me under the Graphics section is "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" and "EVGA corp" the rest of the fields are blank.

My monitor is plugged into my GPU, not the motherboard display and it displays fine on my monitor, so why is the GPU not registering on any analysis software?

Might seem likely a silly question, did you install any drivers for the gpu itself?

el.hombre.mo

Reputable
Oct 14, 2017
Now I feel like an idiot.

I downloaded all the drivers for all of my hardware, but neglected to install the GPU driver. When I had this problem that was my first thought but I was sure I installed all of the drivers so I discarded that as a possibility. But that was it.