[SOLVED] GPU not working after PSU failure

Feb 9, 2019
My PSU died a few months ago and I only recently was able to replace it. At the time I only had a lower wattage PSU on hand which couldn't power my GPU so I have been using integrated graphics since then. Now that i have a powerful enough PSU my reinstalled graphics card will not work.

Everything still runs fine if I use integrated graphics and either remove or unplug the GPU power cable. When it is in the PCIe slot and plugged into power the mobo does not output a video signal, but neither do any ports on the graphics card. The fans on the card spin but i dont see any lights or other signs of life.

So far I have tried making sure the PCIe slot its in will run other devices (my PCIe x4 SDD), and I tried it in my other available PCIex16 slot. I tried testing different ports (DVI x2, DP, and HDMI) on GPU. I reseated the ram because why not, reset cmos, and manually set BIOS to default to PCIe graphics and nothing has changed anything about the GPUs behavior, or lack thereof. I would really appreciate any suggestions on troubleshooting I haven't tried yet, or suggestions on a new card in the <$150 range that will work with my other components If it seem that my failing PSU took the GPU with it

System components:
i7-3770K CPU (clocked to 4.3 GHz before cmos reset)
ASUS z77 mobo
2x8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Corsair TX-750M PSU
XFX R7700 GPU (P/N FX-777A-ZD)

Solution
A cheap psu will not have the protective circuitry to keep from damaging other parts if it should fail under load.
I suspect that is the case here.

7700 is not the fastest of cards. If you need more than integrated graphics I suggest you buy a graphics card upgrade.
A cheap psu will not have the protective circuitry to keep from damaging other parts if it should fail under load.
I suspect that is the case here.

7700 is not the fastest of cards. If you need more than integrated graphics I suggest you buy a graphics card upgrade.

Solution