GPU OC not working... pls help

blitzkrieg3231

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
Hello, i'm currently running a Intel core i7 870 with a intel standard H55 motherboard (yes my rig is a OEM system from Gateway with 12gb of DDR3-1333, however, whenever I try to put any sort of OC on my EVGA GTX 960 SSC 4GB, it just literally crashes the game I try to run, I've tried it with all my games, CSGO refuses to start at all and just says "Graphics Hardware Cannot be accessed" or something like that, and other games like Rainbow Six Siege just crash as soon as I start a terrorist hunt mission or anything.

Please help, I think it's my motherboard that's causing the issue, either that or the GPU might be unable to OC(?)

Motherboard: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/sktCmG/intel-motherboard-boxdh55hc
OEM System: Gateway FX-6840-17C (Yes, I basically threw everything out of it and did not replace the motherboard nor the CPU)

whenever I try to put any sort of OC on my EVGA GTX 960 SSC 4GB
What do you try so far? Using EVGA PrecisionX? or MSI afterburner?
Also your GPU is the SSC version, which is the best oc version, you may not oc anymore. But try it with EVGA PrecisionX if you don't try it.
And if you want the best game experience, you should get the best cpu/gpu.

blitzkrieg3231

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

I have tried the precision X program, if the case really is the SSC version, then im certainly not going to buy any of that anymore