[SOLVED] Gpu or cpu problem

Nov 3, 2020
Hello everyone about a week ago I was playing on my pc everything was fine I was getting well over 144fps on titles such as MW,Fortnite etc. I woke up one morning started Fortnite and for some odd reason I was only getting about 20-30fps. I then went on to check some other games same issue after doing a bit of research I came to the conclusion maybe a driver error. I completely deleted windows and everything on my SSD and then for good measure I ran ddu and wiped all the gpu drivers witch still resulted in no change at all so I downloaded a steam launcher game, epic launcher game and Uplay launcher game and ran riva tuner and realized for some odd reason my cpu usage for all these games was at 100% and my gpu usage was bouncing from anywhere from 5-25 even on the games main menu. So I’m basically trying to figure out if this is a result of cpu or gpu issue.
My build
Asrock b365m pro 4
Intel i59600k
48gb of Corsair vengeance pro ram
Msi 1660ti gaming x

Solution
Make sure you now goto your motherboard vendors website, driver/support section and dl the motherboard chipset drivers/package. When you deleted windows (bad move) you also deleted all of the chipset drivers, so your motherboard is reduced to using windows generic versions.

LrnzpKiller

Distinguished
Hello everyone about a week ago I was playing on my pc everything was fine I was getting well over 144fps on titles such as MW,Fortnite etc. I woke up one morning started Fortnite and for some odd reason I was only getting about 20-30fps. I then went on to check some other games same issue after doing a bit of research I came to the conclusion maybe a driver error. I completely deleted windows and everything on my SSD and then for good measure I ran ddu and wiped all the gpu drivers witch still resulted in no change at all so I downloaded a steam launcher game, epic launcher game and Uplay launcher game and ran riva tuner and realized for some odd reason my cpu usage for all these games was at 100% and my gpu usage was bouncing from anywhere from 5-25 even on the games main menu. So I’m basically trying to figure out if this is a result of cpu or gpu issue.
My build
Asrock b365m pro 4
Intel i59600k
48gb of Corsair vengeance pro ram
Msi 1660ti gaming x

If your CPU is at 100% and your GPU at anything lower than 90% your CPU is basically bottlenecking your GPU. As to how it can be so sudden, i'm not sure.. But it's definitely your CPU in this case.

You can always check your CPU clock speeds and temperatures while running a game.

Nov 3, 2020
Hi thanks for the quick response took me so long to reply as I reset windows a 2nd time and everything seems to be back to normal but thankyou!!
If your CPU is at 100% and your GPU at anything lower than 90% your CPU is basically bottlenecking your GPU. As to how it can be so sudden, i'm not sure.. But it's definitely your CPU in this case.

You can always check your CPU clock speeds and temperatures while running a game.

Reactions: LrnzpKiller

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Make sure you now goto your motherboard vendors website, driver/support section and dl the motherboard chipset drivers/package. When you deleted windows (bad move) you also deleted all of the chipset drivers, so your motherboard is reduced to using windows generic versions.

Solution