GPU or HDD problems?

sirheroin

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
So basically from the start of fixing my computer that decided to die from some kind of a shock or something. Idk, I had to replace my psu, gpu, and I got a new hard-drive just because. (I can't find my old one, so I can't really test either) Anyway, I'd play this game, Crossfire. Would always get 200+ fps. It was with my gtx 260. I ended up replacing it, with a hd 7870, still got about 200-260 fps, but it would hiccup and freeze. I even recorded a video showing the bad hiccups. I switched out cards, it still did it, and put my card in another pc. So I had my HDD RMA'd, and it fixed that issue. I also got tons of blue screens, between atikmdag.sys, win32k.sys. With the new HDD I got from my RMA, I only get atikmdag.sys bsod, and cdd.dll bsod. The sad part is, Seagate gave me some refurbished 2012 HDD, when mine was purchased at the end of 2013. Anyway, recently I have been getting this http://oi62.tinypic.com/2zgvxva.jpg.
My friend let me barrow his gtx 550ti and I haven't had a single issue since. (Been using it for about a week) when I used to crash 1-3x a day. Rarely skip a day. But from what I read up online when searching for issues, people have tons of problems with ati drivers, and etc. I tried every fix I could find, dealt with updating my motherboard bios, rolling back old gpu drivers, updating them, etc, etc. And when I restarted my pc, some of my icons on my desktop reset to blank icons. This is the second time it happened. So I'm lost on whether my HDD is being retarded, or if my card is messed up, or even both.
Any ideas?

Note: My graphics card randomly got a loose fan before I switched, so I was planning on sending it in for them to fix it.

sirheroin

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
It was never okay since I replaced the entire system, been dealing with issues for about a year.
Also to add, I've reformatted like 100 different times and done many different versions of drivers, no fix. Even tried windows 8, and it tended to crash even more.