Question GPU or monitor problem?

LeDuddu

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Hi, all!
For about a month, since I've purchased a MSI Optix MAG322CQRV (31,5", 144Hz, Freesync, 1ms, WQHD, curved), I've had nothing but troubles: screen tearing, stuttering (to the point that it seems I'm looking at pictures, not a movie clip) and all the goodies. Thing is this happens in movies (downloaded, or Netflix/HBO, or streaming like YouTube) more than in games.

In games it appears more when lighting changes (it's like I am looking at frames with different luminosity succeeding with relatively slow speed).

I thought it was a monitor problem. But, since I was going to upgrade my system, I thought I'd wait and see how it behaves with the new components. Changed just about everything:

i7 8700k CPU,
EVGA 1080ti Founders Edition GPU,
Asus Aorus Gaming z370 K3 MoBo,
2x16 GB Kingston HyperX Predator 3200 RAM,
Samsung Evo Plus 1TB SSD,
SilentiumPC Armis AR7 TG RGB, FullTower case,
Corsair 750W 80+ Gold power unit.
Windows 10 Pro, if it matters.

Tried VSync on and off, forced G-Sync over the Freesync monitor, changed resolutions, refresh rates, response time, and every other option to every possibility.
Problem persisted, so I returned the monitor to the shop and placed my old 21" Samsung monitor until the new LG 32GK850G-B Gamer WQHD LED I ordered comes in. This one has G-Sync, which I hope will solve it.

Now I'm scared that it's the GPU. In fact, I am almost sure.
I combed the Internet for more than a month, but couldn't find posts describing the same issue. Tried every suggestion I could find, contacted MSI and tried their solutions, all to no avail.

I will test the new monitor tonight and will come back tomorrow with updates.
In the mean time, did anyone experience anything similar?
If you need more details, feel free to ask. I am at a loss.

LE: Yeah, it's exactly the same. G-Sync enabled on the G-Sync LG monitor, via display port, stutters like all hell. :(

Last edited: