Question GPU or Motherboard Making Strange Noise. Have Some ?. Help Please!??!

Aug 27, 2019
So I think it is my gpu or Im pretty sure. It could possibly be the motherboard. But it makes a Rattle/Crackle noise. Sometimes the noise is louder or quieter but it random it can be off a fresh restart and be just as loud.

Also If I lean my pc over to the side or put it on its side the noise will go away completely.

Looking for possible solutions or answers to what is causing the noise.
Any suggestion/solution will help, thank you!

Wrecker75

Upstanding
Aug 27, 2019
I'll start by asking Gigabyte GPU ? Sounds like a fan issue, fastest way to test is to stop fans one at a time and see if/which it is.

Also full specs and is it a new build ?

Is this happening while under load or even at idle?

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019
I'll start by asking Gigabyte GPU ? Sounds like a fan issue, fastest way to test is to stop fans one at a time and see if/which it is.

Also full specs and is it a new build ?

Is this happening while under load or even at idle?
Happens at Idle and Load. Doesn't make a difference.
CPU: AMD FX 8350
GPU: Asus GTX 1060 6GB
Motherboard:MSI 760GM-P34 .

It is not a new build although the GPU was an upgrade done at Christmas and the noise started a few months after
Also I don't believe it is the fans bc I have heard it when both fans weren't running and no matter how low or high I turn the fan the noise doesn't change I could double-check but I don't think its the fans

Wrecker75

Upstanding
Aug 27, 2019
Could be the fan in the power supply, I'm stuck on it being fans because electrical noises don't usually change when tipping a case. Might be screws on something loosened up over time and the tipping is just stopping the vibration, check all the motherboard screws and mounts for cooling and drives if it's not a fan.

Aug 27, 2019
Could be the fan in the power supply, I'm stuck on it being fans because electrical noises don't usually change when tipping a case. Might be screws on something loosened up over time and the tipping is just stopping the vibration, check all the motherboard screws and mounts for cooling and drives if it's not a fan.
So I think it might be a gpu fan now that you say something bc when the fans arent on it doesnt do the sound.. So ig ill check warrantyt I dont think its hurting anything just anoying

Aug 28, 2019
It will be the coils of the GPU. Under load, the sounds make. It is almost not heard except the PC is on the table. Almost all graphics cards do that.