[SOLVED] GPU overheated probably needs to be cleaned

Jan 20, 2019
As title says my gpu overheated as I was playing video games and I'm pretty confident it's cause it needs to be cleaned. I have never done such a thing so I want to know what I'm doing as I move foward. I don't want mess up. I can't afford to replace it. Here's the device in question
6hP4Cm2

Solution
You should make a habit of checking and cleaning your case and fans regularly. Depending on the dust in the room. Unplug your pc, bring it outside or in a place you can clean out the dust. Use compressed air cans to blast the case and hold the fan blades to clean them. For the gpu I would remove it and do the same, hold the fans so they don't spin. The blast could break the fans. Look closely at the blades, sometimes dust will stick to them and the frames. This can cause wind drag from the build up. Use some q tips, cotton swabs(same thing) with alcohol or just dampen them with water or you can use them dry to remove any dust stuck to the blades, frames. Use the compressed air can on the radiator fins, they can get dusty.

gtr22

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
You should make a habit of checking and cleaning your case and fans regularly. Depending on the dust in the room. Unplug your pc, bring it outside or in a place you can clean out the dust. Use compressed air cans to blast the case and hold the fan blades to clean them. For the gpu I would remove it and do the same, hold the fans so they don't spin. The blast could break the fans. Look closely at the blades, sometimes dust will stick to them and the frames. This can cause wind drag from the build up. Use some q tips, cotton swabs(same thing) with alcohol or just dampen them with water or you can use them dry to remove any dust stuck to the blades, frames. Use the compressed air can on the radiator fins, they can get dusty.

Solution