Question Gpu Overheating

Feb 17, 2019
Hi, I'm GpuMelter and the issue that is occurring is that my GPU is overheating like crazy! I can't even start heavy GPU requiring games but now even low requirement games such as rim world seem to be struggling. The occurring issue seems to be with my fans, they run just fine and so does my GPU, then they start sounding weird and going in intervals, Highsounding then it sounds like they stop then restart and repeats. They seem to be going in intervals of around 5 seconds I would guess. After this has happened about 5 times it goes back to being just fine but during this 1 minute period my GPU temp skyrockets to above 100*C which is above my safety temp and unless I shut down the game. I checked it out online and found out that CPU-q had been bothering them and seemed to do the same, so I turned it off but the issue still exists, I have just gotten 2 new case fans because of this issue but it is not resolved, I have also cleaned out my entire computer.

Has your GPU got good airflow and are the fans on the gpu working good because my GPU can go to 80 while playing games and i use afterburner to turn the fans speed up on it when it gets to hot. But dont think adding fans onto your case is going to help the gpu to cool now. Or have you overclocked your gpu?

Feb 17, 2019
My GPU has worked just fine for the past 3 years so I would guess it has alright airflow (kinda new to computers), it's in the middle of my chassis which is quite open between my 2 fans so it should have just fine airflow, i also use Afterburner when playing simply because I'm worried about melting my GPU to the point where it is unusable. When i normally play it sits on 79-81 but as soon as the fans start messing up i can see how my GPU temp starts rising fast. I've started keeping my fans on 100% speed to counteract the heating up and to allow me to shutdown safer. I have not overclocked my GPU or turned on GPU boost simply because I'm not familiar with the use of them.