[SOLVED] GPU overheating

Feb 13, 2020
Hi there, I have 22GB of RAM a 725 watt PSU and an 8GB 512 Bit GPU, the motherboard is an i7 ASUS with no onboard graphics unit, my problem is the GPU over heats when I switch it on and try and run anything, my question is what can I do to well keep it at least 60℃, my opinion is I used the same things on another motherboard but it was a btx form factor i5 and I could only add 16 GB of RAM because it had only two slots for RAM, the current one have six colloured red and blue?

Solution
Well, that is all terribly generic.

Which i7?
6 slots on the motherboard, probably 1st gen workstation core?
Which GPU?
8GB 512bit GPU is basically useless information.
Which ASUS motherboard?

60C is an amazing target for a GPU. They do tend to run hot, usually on purpose. Means they are working hard. Good up to 95-105C typically. Most cards will throttle back starting around 83C.

Best means of cooling a GPU is getting fresh air to it, and making sure the system has appropriate exhaust. If that isn't enough, increase the GPU fan curve through software like MSI Afterburner.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, that is all terribly generic.

Which i7?
6 slots on the motherboard, probably 1st gen workstation core?
Which GPU?
8GB 512bit GPU is basically useless information.
Which ASUS motherboard?

60C is an amazing target for a GPU. They do tend to run hot, usually on purpose. Means they are working hard. Good up to 95-105C typically. Most cards will throttle back starting around 83C.

Best means of cooling a GPU is getting fresh air to it, and making sure the system has appropriate exhaust. If that isn't enough, increase the GPU fan curve through software like MSI Afterburner.

Solution