GPU performance loss

JakeTheNoLifer

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
Hi,
In about 50% of times, when i start PC and start playing some games i get like 90% less FPS, than before this problem. If i restart PC there is about 50% chance that i will get my full performance, otherwise i have still performance loss.
I tried running benchmarks on CPU and GPU, the CPU is fine, the GPU got in DirectX11 computing score like intel HD graphics 4000.
So i figured that the fault may be GPU, Motherboard, Drivers, Power supply or i have virus on my PC.
This performance loss happened to me half year back and i just restarted PC and it was fine.
My PC specs:
GPU-nVidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti
CPU-intel core i5 750
MOBO- MSI 2A9Ch
PSU- Zalman ZM500-GSII (500Watt)
Help is appreciated.
And no i didnt switch Integrated GPU in CPU with dedicated (my cpu doesnt have it)

James Orme

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
Hi mate!

Have you checked the Control Panel power options to check if the PC is in high performance mode?

I helped another guy out who had similar problems to you, and this sorted it for him.

Also check the Nvidia control Panel, under global settings under performance and make sure power options are set to Max performance.

Let me know if that helps at all :)

JakeTheNoLifer

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014

Its set all on max. This performance loss happens only in 50% times when i start my PC

JakeTheNoLifer

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014

I found where is the problem, the gpu has 2 modes one 2D for doing some shit on web and another is 3D mode, which is for playing games. My gpu runs at 405Mhz max. and memory clock is 800MHz(effectively 3200). So the problem is the card cant get into 3D mode